Working in partnership with accountants
At David Williams IFA we believe that when it comes to designing the most tax efficient financial plan for clients two heads are usually better than one. For mutual clients, an easy dialogue between us and their personal accountant from the start to gain a comprehensive overview from our different perspectives invariably leads to a more efficient outcome.
We will undertake either ad-hoc project work or, more typically, be introduced by an accountant to take on responsibility for the ongoing financial planning work for their existing client.
Where we have a client whose changing circumstances mean they need extra professional help, then we seek to introduce them to a suitable accountancy practice.
We regularly co-ordinate with accountants in a wide range of areas. These include:
- Personal tax planning including pensions advice
- Remuneration strategies for business owners
- Business succession planning and corporate transactions
- Business and shareholder protection
- Business investment and cash management
- Estate planning and inheritance tax mitigation
- Helping your clients comply with their new pension duties under the auto-enrolment legislation
In all these areas, the goal is to ensure that clients benefit from joined up thinking.